Try this easy soap-making at home!
I visited a new personal care supplies store in QC, and got a soap base that’s missing only a Shape, Fragrance, and Color. So I bought a soap mold, too, because I would make my family’s soap today.
- 1kg Soapbase (melt and pour type)*
- Soap Mold*
- Knife (to cut above soapbase into chunks- the smaller, the sooner they will melt)
- 500ml Glass jar (preferably with spout for more convenient pouring)
- Food Colors***
- Essential oils/fragrance oils**
- Dough cutters (for designing)
- Painting tools: I used washable paint** so we can do it over anytime.)
Put them chunks into a big glass jar and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Be sure to take a good peek every minute if soap is fully melted.
Drying time is 2-3 hours. This is the part where everyone couldnt resist dipping their fingers into the mold. (Yes, no matter how many times you remind them it has to be 3 hours for it to harden.) Then it’s finally over!
I asked them all to take their own soaps from the mold themselves. Everyone felt like a kid again! ( Haha)
Imprint various designs on the soap, and Paint on it freely!
New batch: Kids soap designs!
Using a new cute animal mold I bought, I added a Vanilla extract*** to make it fragrant for kids.
I love the hippo most because he’s so fat!
Ready for giving away to my officemates’ kids!
*Ready soap base from Beyond Scents, Georgetown Tandang Sora Ave. Old Balara, QC. 775-3917; 0917-530-3042; 0925-368-0076
**Washable paint from Maam and Moms.
***Food colors and vanilla extract from CK Bakers Center, 1200-K EDSA, Munoz, QC. 927-7549